Looking for Nevada Department of Taxation?
What do they do?
Where can you find relevant NV tax information, resources, and links?
In this article, I will break down the Nevada Department of Taxation so you know all there is to know about it!
Keep reading as we have gathered exactly the information that you need!
Let me explain to you what the NV Dept of Taxation does and what they have to offer!
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
Nevada Department of Taxation
The Nevada Department of Taxation is a Nevada government agency focused on the distribution and collection of taxes in the state of Nevada.
The state of Nevada Department of Taxation is part of the Executive Branch Department responsible for the administration of 17 different tax types, three fees, two licenses, and one civil penalty.
The NV Department of Taxation’s main functions is to:
- Administer the collection and distribution of state and local government revenue generated from different types of levied taxes
- Appraise interstate or inter-county property
- Establish different guidelines for county assessors, recorders and treasurers
- Review local government financial management matters
- And more
As you can see, in addition to its main duties of collecting and distributing taxes, the Department of Taxation NV also manages the marijuana business licensing and handles property appraisals.
The Dept of Taxation in Nevada provides you access to different types of tax forms needed by Nevada taxpayers.
Here are the Nevada tax forms made available to you as of the writing of this post:
- General Purpose Forms
- Sales & Use Tax Forms
- Modified Business Tax Forms
- Live Entertainment Tax Forms
- Excise Tax Forms
- Commerce Tax Forms
- Real Property Transfer Tax Forms
- Net Proceeds of Minerals Forms
- Property Tax
- Property Tax Appeal Forms
- Reporting Forms for Government Officials
Individuals and companies doing business in Nevada may find it useful to use the Department of Taxation’s online services for businesses is called SilverFlume.
Using the Nevada Secretary of State’s SilveFlume, you can handle things like:
- Forming your entity
- State business licensing
- Workers’ Compensation
- Registering with Taxation
- Sales and Use Tax permitting by Nevada location
- Nevada labor law requirements
- OSHA requirements
- Searching occupational and regulatory requirements
- Creating and managing a Digital Operating Agreement
- Conducting local business licensing in some Nevada jurisdictions
- Other related governmental services
Companies earning more than $4,000,000 in gross revenues per taxable year are required to pay the Commerce Tax.
This tax is typically due within 45 days following the end of the fiscal year.
The NV Dept Taxation website provides explanations, tutorials, FAQs, and other resources to help you deal with the Commerce Tax.
NV Sales And Use Tax
If you are looking for information relating to the Nevada sales tax, excise tax, use tax, or other, you can consult the various NV Dept of Tax publications and information made available by the Department of Taxation NV.
Nevada Department of Taxation Resources
Here are some links, resources, and information related to the Nevada Taxation Dept to help you find what you need.
- Nevada Taxation Department website: www.tax.nv.gov
- State of Nevada website for business in Nevada: www.nv.gov/business
- NV Dept of Tax call center: 1-866-962-3707
- Nevada Taxation Department Twitter link: https://twitter.com/nvtaxdept
- Nevada Dept Taxation LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nevada-department-of-taxation/
- Public records request: https://tax.nv.gov/Contact/Information_Request/
There are also different office addresses that you can contact:
1550 College Parkway, Suite 115
Carson City, NV 89706
(775) 684-2000 (Phone)
(775) 684-2020 (Fax)
4600 Kietzke Lane, Building L, Suite 235
Reno, NV 89502
(775) 687-9999 (Phone)
(775) 688-1303 (Fax)
700 E. Warm Springs Road
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Note that the office located at 2550 Paseo Verde, Suite 180 is permanently closed as of October 1, 2021.
NV Dept of Taxation Takeaways
So there you have it folks!
What does the Nevada State Department of Taxation do?
What information and resources can Nevada taxpayers find?
In essence, the State of Nevada Dept of Taxation is a Nevada state agency in charge of collecting taxes and distributing tax earnings within the state of Nevada.
By going on the NV State Department of Taxation’s website, you can find a lot of useful content, such as:
- Tax forms
- Links for online services for businesses
- Information on the Commerce Tax
- General publications
- Statutes and regulation links
- Nevada state statistics
- News releases
- State of Nevada Department of Taxation annual reports
- Board and public meetings
Be sure to check out all the information available to you.
If you need legal advice or guidance on a Nevada tax issue or have questions, be sure to consult a Nevada tax attorney for qualified advice.
In the meantime, good luck with your tax investigation!
Let’s look at a summary of our findings.
Nevada Department of Taxation Overview
If you enjoyed this article on the Department of Taxation Nevada, I recommend you look into the following legal terms and concepts. Enjoy!
You May Also Like Related to Nevada Dept of Taxation
Ad valorem taxes
Appraiser Certification Board
Committee on Local Government Finance
Nevada business tax
Nevada Commerce Tax
Nevada excise taxes
Nevada live entertainment tax
Nevada permit search
Nevada property tax
Nevada sales taxes
Nevada tax attorney
Nevada Tax Commission
Nevada tax holiday
Nevada use taxes
State Board of Equalization
Related to Taxation And Tax Planning
How long to keep tax returns after death
How to calculate tax revenue
How to file taxes
How to open a tax file
How to pay taxes
What are capital gains taxes
What is a tax district
What is a tax lot
What is mud tax
What is progressive tax
What is regressive tax
What is tax planning
When are federal taxes due
When is the deadline to file taxes